The Literacy Cooperative and Seeds of Literacy are partnering to pilot a Tutor Training Collaborative to develop a centralized portal that provides quality volunteer tutor recruitment, training, certification, and recognition for adult literacy providers in Northeast Ohio, starting with five pilot partners. The Tutor Training Collaborative requires a skilled and enthusiastic leader who can effectively communicate with stakeholders; engage and train volunteer adult literacy tutors; manage multiple funding streams; demonstrate entrepreneurial commitment and reliability in the pilot and implementation stages of a project; and develop project reports and proposals.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communication, Non-profit Administration or similar fields.
- Ability to complete Master’s level coursework.
- Self-directed with initiative and integrity.
- Experience with volunteer engagement and training.
- Experience managing grants and reporting to multiple funding streams.
- Builds rapport with a wide range of collaborative partners.
- Effectively communicates in written, verbal, and electronic form.
- Appropriately solicits and responds to feedback for program development.
- Works well independently and in a team.
- Experience establishing new services and systems within existing organizations.
- Seeds of Literacy Executive Director.
- Tutor Training Collaborative Pilot Advisory Board.
- Half time independent contractor
- $1150 every 2 weeks for 39 weeks (9 months) ($22,425 total)
- Seeds of Literacy Executive Director
- Tutor Training Collaborative Advisory Board
- Halftime independent contractor
- $1150 every two weeks for 39 weeks/9 months ($22,425 total)
Success of the Tutor Training Collaborative Pilot will be measured by the following benchmark activities:
- Staff orientation through Seeds of Literacy and The Literacy Cooperative.
- Visit pilot partners to build rapport and establish initial benchmark for training needs and experiences of their volunteer tutors.
- Establish and promote tutor training schedule with pilot partners.
- Complete the Crossroads of Learning Tutor Trainer Training.
- Obtain National Tutoring Association (NTA) tutor trainer certification.
- Establish the Tutor Training Collaborative as a NTA Learning Center Affiliate.
- Set up data management system and procedures with the America Learns Network.
- Provide training and technical support for staff of pilot partners on the use of the America Learns Network.
- Facilitate Crossroads of Learning Basic Tutor Training for 30-50 volunteer adult literacy tutors from 5 pilot partner organizations.
- Provide training and technical support for tutors on the use of the America Learns Network.
- Coordinate tutor placement and reporting with pilot partners.
- Establish relationships with volunteer recruitment and placement organizations.
- Track progress along pilot benchmarks and provide quarterly benchmark reports to the pilot advisory board.
- Work with financial team and pilot partners to create accurate and timely grant reports.
- Use America Learns Network to issue monthly tutor reports, three month follow-up tutor survey/assessment, and evaluate strategies submitted by tutors.
- Visit pilot partners to interview tutors, learners served, and staff and solicit feedback on the pilot program.
- Assess the functioning of the collaborative based on performance in responsibilities established in the Memorandum of Understanding.
- Based on internal evaluation, present recommendations for program revision or implementation based on pilot results.
- In consultation with advisory board, create a strategic plan for program revision or expansion.
- With support from Seeds of Literacy and The Literacy Cooperative, solicit funding and in-kind donations to support, revise, or expand the Tutor Training Collaborative.
- Email documents as an MS Word or Adobe PDF file.
- Email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday, May 25th, 2012.
- Include cover letter specifying you are applying for the Tutor Training Champion.
- Include position title “Tutor Training Champion” as the email subject.