AmeriCorps programs and AmeriCorps Alums chapters across the country are getting ready for AmeriCorps Week on March 10-18, 2012. Here are some fun resources to help you get ready for the celebration:
- Buy some AmeriCorps Week Gear from National Service Gear by tomorrow March 2nd (to be printed & shipped by March 9th)…or get AmeriCorps Gear to wear any time of the year!
- Join the AmeriCorps Week Photo Project by printing this red sign, taking a photo with it, and tagging #AmeriCorpsWeek or @AmeriCorps
- Read the AmeriCorps Week Impact Guide
- Download AmeriCorps Week logos and web banners for your website or profile (scroll to the bottom of the page)
- Follow #AmeriCorpsWeek on Twitter or Facebook @AmeriCorps
- Order FREE AmeriCorps Week marketing materials from CNCS
So now that you are wearing your tee shirt and pin, head full of great community engagement ideas, Tweets full of #AmeriCorpsWeek hashtags, one hand full of bookmarks, another holding a big red sign ready to take a photo….now it’s time to GET INSPIRED with some amazing videos:
(“Okay, but Meagen,” you say, “how can I watch a video with my hands full of bookmarks, a sign, a camera, while reading the Impact Guide, and Tweeting at the same time?” I’m sure you’ll figure out. Ask a volunteer to help you. That’s how AmeriCorps Gets Things Done!)
I’m looking forward to facilitating midyear training for an awesome group of AmeriCorps members in Northeast Ohio Literacy Corps March 12-15. What are your plans for AmeriCorps Week?